Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mike Farmer: My Ride to Conquer Cancer Update

First and foremost I am humbled by the donations and support that I have received and I want to sincerely thank everyone who has donated on my behalf for this important journey. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! My original commitment was to raise $1,400 but I set a personal goal of $2,000. To date I have received $1,800 and have additional pledges yet to come. I am hopeful that I will reach a new goal of $2,400 which will qualify me to ride both days for a total of 140 miles. Training has gone well, I have been riding 150+ miles per week with lots of early morning rides to beat the heat.


I am honored to have many cancer survivors sign their names on my RCC jersey and I have also included names in memory of friends and loved ones who I have lost to this dreaded disease.


Mike in his RCC Jersey

September 25th is coming fast and I am looking forward to the big day to join all the other bike riders in this fight to help conquer cancer.


Thanks again for everyone's support. - Mike

Donations can be made directly online or you can download a donation form on the 2010 Race to Cure Cancer website. My Participant ID: 445015-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment