Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mike Farmer Gearing Up for The Ride to Conquer Cancer

Update from Mike (August 18th):

Thanks you to everyone who has supported me with their encouragement and donations. I am now riding up to 150+ miles a week: a lot of early morning rides due to heat. I bought a RCC bike jersey and am having survivors sign as well as in memory of loved ones. I rode from downtown up to Floyd Knobs and back. Major hill climb, but a great view.

Long-time Fisherville resident Mike Farmer is training for the 2010 Ride to Conquer Cancer to be held on September 25-26, 2010. This is a 1- or 2-day bike ride through beautiful bluegrass country benefiting the Norton Cancer Institute.


Ride to Conquer Cancer

Mike and his fellow participants have already been training for months to prepare for the physical and mental demands of such a challenge. He will be completing over 100 training miles on his bike just this week. However, all of his long hours of peddling will be rewarded with the beautiful scenery, new friends, the cheering fans, a feeling of accomplishment, and the satisfaction of knowing he has helped a great cause.


Being a two-time cancer survivor himself, Mike would like everyone to help with this great cause and remember those who have been touched by cancer. He is asking everyone, including his Fisherville friends and neighbors, to help him in his mission.


Mike is gearing up for the Ride to Conquer Cancer - Strength in Numbers
Mike Farmer unites with other cyclists for "Strength in Numbers", this year's motto for the 2010 Ride to Conquer Cancer. Pictured in the background is one of the many beautiful homes in "downtown" Fisherville, KY.

Mike says:

I'll be participating in a major cycling event called The Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting Norton Cancer Institute. I'll be cycling through the scenic bluegrass country with thousands of other Riders. All the proceeds will go to Norton Cancer Institute. I've agreed to raise at least $1200, but I've set my personal goal to $2,000.

I RIDE to help Conquer Cancer for my family and friends and in memory of those who we have lost to Cancer.

I RIDE because I am a two time Cancer survivor!

I ask for your help to Conquer Cancer by donating for your friends and family members who have been touched by Cancer.
I am proud to represent you and your loved ones by participating in this years 2010 Norton Ride to Conquer Cancer - RIDE ON !

So, yes, this is a request for your financial support. Please contribute to this history-making event with a donation. The funds you raise through The Ride to Conquer Cancer will generate the funds necessary to ensure that everyone in our community who needs cancer care will find the help they need at Norton Cancer Institute.

Lets all help Conquer Cancer together!

You can donate online or from the Ride to Conquer website or the application on my Facebook.

DONATE NOW
My Participant ID: 445015-9

or you can download a donation form from the website.

If you know anyone else who you feel might be interested in making a donation to help Conquer Cancer please send them to my donation website.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Good Luck, Mike!




Ride to Conquer Cancer graphic and You Tube video are ©COPYRIGHT 2010 THE RIDE TO CONQUER CANCER.


If you live in the Fisherville area and would like to be featured in our Local Spotlight, please send an email to FishervilleKY@gmail.com.

(Originally posted March 22, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment