Friday, September 21, 2012

Mike Farmer

From Local Fisherville Resident Mike Farmer:

First and foremost I want to thank everyone for their support, encouragement and donations. I have heard from so many who's lives have been touched by cancer and I thank you for sharing your stories. That is why I / we do this, it is about beating Cancer and I am confident WE WILL SOMEDAY BEAT CANCER!

This Saturday, Sept 22, I will be riding with 450+ other Bike to Beat Cancer cyclist. I will be thinking of my donors as I ride and especially about our cancer survivors and those we have lost. I have added another survivors name to my training jersey this year and will be dedicating this years ride to two time cancer survivor Sigma Chi fraternity brother, John Revell. Please take the time to watch John's inspiring video of his recent battle with Cancer: http://youtu.be/EOokycYNKIM. Incredible advances with diagnosis, research and treatment continue to be made that has saved so many lives, in part thanks to you - that is what Bike to Beat Cancer is all about.

My visit with John Revell who lives close to one of my bike routes:

Thanks again for your generosity and support, your donations do make a difference!

Click to Donate

I have one more favor to ask -make sure that you and your loved ones please stay on top of your checkups. Early detection and treatment is critical, so DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment